Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost Birds" Time Attack Machine

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User istdercollen's Avatar
    Here's an intermission video while I sort out what's not been updated

Well as an explanation as to what has been going on since August, first winter came, and it snows meters upon meters of snow here. 1 meter a day sometimes without exaggeration. Kinda hard to do too much besides snowboard. I missed Tokyo Auto Salon in January, which was a big let down, as I can get press passes to the event every year. THEN MARCH 11th happened. I was in Tokyo in a high rise when the earthquake hit, and I actually saw death. I could not believe the building didn't fall. Everything around me was smashed, or damaged beyond repair. After running the **** out of there and walking 10 miles back to my hotel I left Tokyo and went back to America for over a month. Didn't really know how the Fukushima thing was going to unfold. I still think we are dying a secret death over here with a big smile and a sorry from the govt. Sometimes when it rains, you can smell something that was never there before. I left the car in Tokyo, completely unsupervised, in a parking lot that thousands of people accessed everyday. There were downpipes, unmounted seats, coil overs, etc strewn about the interior as I left in a mad rush. I cam back and it was still just sitting there with a thick coat of yellow that would not wipe off. My stomach turned because all I could think about was the news of radiation reaching tokyo in high levels, blah blah. I drove it 1000kms after flying back from USA that very night to Misawa and parked it until last month. We have been helping with recovery efforts here a lot, gas was in short supply. I couldn't order parts because there were no roads , and the ones there are were open to emergency only. it goes on and on. but things here are kind back to normal. just an hour south there are CITIES that are gone... it's crazy... anyway. back to the car.. sorry for just leaving without finishing.. :-)

So while I was in Tokyo hitting up the circuits and such I found out that my engine really doesn't appreciate 9,500 RPMS - Rod Bearing ate it. Not to be outdone I made a pitstop at Mine's Tuning and picked out an engine. lalalaa

I wound up not really liking the seat I had, so I got some new ones.

I sourced some JIC-FLT TARs for R33-34GT-R and had to have them.

On order (checking post box with ever-growing frustration daily)!!!

STOPTECH Big Brake Kit Front and Rear 355mm rotors on all four corners 35mm wide in front, 32mm in back.

TAKATA Harnesses x 2

Also picked up Muteki 50mm lug nuts, and other small odds and ends. Will post more pics, but I gotta get the parts in first. Cheers

Takata belts came in today! Installing after I walk to the corner store and pick up some beer. With the two sparcos installed I can't get in the backseat area, so I should be able to knock back a few pints whilst I wrestle with getting on out of the car.

Also, I would really like to say thanks for the support. 201,000 views is complete insanity.
    Last edited by istdercollen; 26th October 2011 at 08:13 AM.

Representative of the Essex people Honorary Member mr-tommo's Avatar
    Images
    An extremely amazing thread and story.

An inspiration to most I would of thought. Congratulations on everything so far.

The Sparco seats look very nice indeed!!

Tommo
    Young, Inexperienced, Yet Gifted!!
    Best Presented Skyline - Norfolk Meet - June 2007 +++ Best Presented Skyline - Essex Meet - December 2007
    Essex Rep

Must check oil........must check oil........must check oil

MOFFSHOP Authorised Trader Moff's Avatar
    Images
    Glad you are ok, and are back on with the car. My life has been empty without this thread

Haha, thanks. Update for today. Changed out the transmission oil with Redline Oil, and did an oil change on the engine with Motul 300V. Nothing special.. Ohhhh just got off the phone with Rauh Welt Begriff. Nakai-san is in America for a car show right now, but hopefully I can get the RWB treatment before I move down south, over the winter. For those that don't know Rauh Welt Begriff........

He used to do Nissans and Toyotas. Now he only does Porsches, so I'm trying to see if I can lure him back one more time.

lubrication is everything Honorary Member Squeak's Avatar
    Images
    So glad you've come back to keep us up to date with the story!
    Adam - Round the World we go

Say Hello to fellow enthusiasts today! I welcome you to www.skyline-owners-club.com
    The UK's Friendliest Nissan Skyline Owners Club. National and International events, meets and trackdays organised. knowledgeable and technical advice widely available.

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User
    Nice to see you posting again I love your car the sharpie idea is great I have a plain white Civic 4 door that is anything but plain (its an RTSi strait from Japan) I thought about doing silver sharpies on it after I saw your car keep up the good work your car is an inspiration and if you can get RW to work on your car I know it'll be beastly good luck with that

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by istdercollen View Post

Also, I would really like to say thanks for the support. 201,000 views is complete insanity.
    It's our pleasure Collen. It's nice to welcome you along as a Skyline Owners Club member too

Please familiarize yourself with the FORUM RULES

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by istdercollen View Post
    Takata belts came in today! Installing after I walk to the corner store and pick up some beer. With the two sparcos installed I can't get in the backseat area, so I should be able to knock back a few pints whilst I wrestle with getting on out of the car.

The effort in your car is amazing. The view count really doesn't shock me...... I've heard several random people i've met talking about your car build.... Keep the pics coming!

Owner/Builder/Driver of 'Project Jekyll and Hyde' (455ci/7.5l R33 v8)
    SOC Build Thread My Facebook
    "Light the Tires and Kiss the Sky!!!"
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Daily_Genocide

Thanks you two! I need to get the camera out and snap some more shots. I installed the Takata Harnesses, new lighter lugnuts. I AM STILL waiting for the Stoptech brakes to arrive. ordered them 25 days ago.. That's probably the next thing I'll actually try and get some pics of. Here is a video from yesterday. I pulled out the sled and messed around with a Hakosuka. Nothing crazy because we weren't trying to crash the old-timer. haha.

BTW- everyone always asks why the top is fading.... I never clearcoated it because I was going add a bunch of colors.. still haven't finished it.. that's why :-)

Alltorqueuk 0o ___ o0 Registered User Wile E. Coyote's Avatar
    I need to move to Japan mate everything seems so different there, over here you only have to get a few Skylines or JDM cars togther and the police will have you. Also a few days back our guys went Donington and got black flagged for being too noisey. Everything here just seems anti (pardon the word) modifying here atm, its getting me down

That Hakosuka is gorgeous, and your car is also 10/10 ofc
    Alltorqueuk.com

"MORE BALLS THAN BADGE"

That part about being too noisy would have me off the road.. You can kinda tell from the video, but this car is REALLY loud. I wear earplugs when I drive it around on account of the volume, and I love loud stuff. If you do come my way, feel free to drop a line. We do winter Time Attacks here, which can be interesting.

Alltorqueuk 0o ___ o0 Registered User Wile E. Coyote's Avatar
    Ive been considering putting a Group A style side exit on my GTR (mainly for drag racing) but would love to have that on the road BUT dont think i would get far without having many complants from the public lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alltorqueuk.com

"MORE BALLS THAN BADGE"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information