Thread: turbo reconditioning

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User

turbo reconditioning

hi ive just bouught an r33 gtst and the turbo is on its last legs so i was wondering do i get the turbo reconditioned with steel internals or do i go for an after market turbo? also can anyone recomend anywhere i could get the turbo reconditioned, and does anyone have any ideas of prices? im not wanting to go crazy with bhp 350 max. any help would be greatly appreciated as im very new to the world of skylines and dont know much about them thanks

Turbo dynamics are the best ones I know of, give Andy at sp autos a call to discuss it with him.

Best go steel now if the standard one is on its last legs.
    13.2 @ 104 2003 Santa Pod

Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

PS3 Tag - TangyR33 Area Rep Al_Star's Avatar
    Images
    if that is your final power goal then standard rebuilt with steel internals would be the cheapest way
    Events - Project Duracell - Project Black Beauty
    Serious Performance Autos / Abbey Motorsport

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User
    Conceptua tuning are good for refurbished turbos with steel internals, I don't know if they still do them but you could give chris a call.

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Niz406's Avatar
    Get yourself a Garrett T3 turbo CHRA and machine your exhaust housing to suit the larger turbine, that will see you to 370hp.

I would say one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-T3...item4aa51a1330

But ask for a 360 degree thrust bearing set up and see how you get on with that, having your exhaust housing machined can cost as little as 10 depending on where you go!

Instant T3 hybrid and a good solid 1.1 - 1.2 bar set up.

Thread Information