Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Tom's R33 that tries to keep the modding away!

Back on the skyline wagon again Area Rep Sukairain's Avatar
    Images
    Ill keep an eye out for switch fella
    スカイラインへの情熱

passion for skylines

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Tommo-R33's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulzy View Post
    Tommo mate I've traced the switch but the guy says he doesn't want to let it go without the spoiler too. I can pm you his number if you like, he's very reasonable.
    Yes please mate, sorry for the late reply work is relentless atm
    Vivre la voiture normales!

Images
    Pm'd mate

Images
    Wow it's been over 6 months, the joys of only having a stock car So my car's passed it's 2nd MOT all fine, but I need to do my shocks.

I can get the part from Nissan for that OEM loveliness but I am paying a premium, I don't mind to keep within my stock remit so that's good. Is anyone in/around Hampshire or surrounding counties around to help me attach them? My target for this year is to do more of my own spannering so starting off with something simple like the rear shocks would be good. Beer/petrol money is available for anyone that can!

Insurance was fine also, 50 down from last year and I'm now with A-plan underwritten by Zenith. Unfortunately Sky just couldn't match it so they lost out this time.

In other news I was rushing out the garage and s****ed the front again, I'm so pissed at myself for doing it and therefore the saving has begun. My local bodyshop is going to have a few jobs to go round and tidy up the Skyline and then I'm thinking of getting it detailed. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Hampshire area's?

Will make sure I attend more shows/meets this year too

Tommo

Images
    Shocks fitted, guys commented on the workmanship of the parts as I bought genuine Nissan parts (+40 vs pattern) but is so worth it. They said they'd been finished really well which made me curious what other cars were using them given that they have been superseded twice now from the original part numbers.

Anyway a guy on facebook helpfully checked the part number for me on the Nissan Fast thing and it turns out that they are only linked for the S14 and R33's It seems odd that Nissan UK has a stockpile of these parts because when I ordered them they arrived at the dealership the next day!!!

Wonder if I can contact Nissan and see what else they'd have lying around for me to poach and put on my OEM Skyline Or maybe I shouldn't because then they will realise and put them in a skip or on a boat back to Japan!!

Going to try and get the bodywork finished this year but not sure when that's going to happen now

Also, does anyone know any good detailers in Hampshire and any good rolling road guys? I wanted to put my car on the rollers and see how close to the original Nissan figures my car is now that 25 years and 100k km's have passed under it's wheels.

Tommo
    Last edited by Tommo-R33; 28th March 2018 at 10:31 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information