Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance HELP????

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Chris Fardoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Combe View Post
    yeah I mean tbh if I can get the insurance for around 1500 with mods declared import etc. ill be happy with that but I just don't want to get stuck with a company that's going to offer me something online and when I speak to them on the phone going to add a load of extra costs -.-
    agree'd i don't think 1500 is a bad price at 21

Skyline Addict Registered User
    Yeah exactly and I've always had the mindset of if I can drive the car I want I will pay around 1000 for insurance but as its one of my dream cars I don't mind paying the extra 500 haha

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Combe View Post
    Yeah exactly and I've always had the mindset of if I can drive the car I want I will pay around 1000 for insurance but as its one of my dream cars I don't mind paying the extra 500 haha
    Crikey. Just 1500 a year for a Skyline at 21? I pay (due to being in a very very bad postcode) over 950 a year for an M3. (8 year NCB, no points, no accidents).

I remember getting quotes on an Impreza when I was about 21/22 and being quoted 5 or 6k a year (or many refusing to cover at all) .

Count yourself lucky it's just 1500

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Tommo-R33's Avatar
    Images
    Hilarious fun, Jap Cover can't offer me a quote because my Skyline is standard! As most of those pesky kids say it's standard and then modify it and wrap it around trees I couldn't get a quote. Not sure whether to be sarcastic as it's really only me affected or not
    Vivre la voiture normales!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo-R33 View Post
    Hilarious fun, Jap Cover can't offer me a quote because my Skyline is standard! As most of those pesky kids say it's standard and then modify it and wrap it around trees I couldn't get a quote. Not sure whether to be sarcastic as it's really only me affected or not
    You might be able to get it covered as a classic car? You probably won't be able to get earn NCB and will have to set a mileage limit but they are usually very cheap, like 200 or less - try Footman James I think.

Images
    I'll give a full run down of what I discover when I've had contact from the final 3 for everyone. Got quite a few that are 30+ age, the modified one and 3rd party only on Skylines. Footman James were happy to quote but only on 7,000 miles limit which I couldn't breach, unfortunately I do more than that!

MY R33 GTST with a Thatcham alarm/imobiliser and yellow race shocks an LPG conversion and a orrible big bore exhaust, still has all the original ice on line is 546 Via telephone is 600 with an unbranded alarm/imobiliser, steering lock, off road parking both home and at work with around 19 years no endorsements/no claims at 53 years of age is 775 the difference is the name Thatcham and rear tinted windows, they even tried the post code defence from the 80's

Got to say the insurance industry is a licence to print money, every year i go through the same BS routine and every year there is a 50 to 100 increase, What i want is an insurance company that's looking out for me, not the number of bottles of champers at the AGM, feel free to put it up by inflation, but please don't take the piss.

I feel let down once again.

Images
    Always sucks, I went with A-plan this year as Sky tried to put it up 350 over last year I eventually got it for 450 with only 8yrs NCB but when it's at home it has to be garaged now no flexibility. Not too bad as I always put it in there but still, really need to get another car so I can put it on a classic policy next year!

MOFFSHOP Authorised Trader Moff's Avatar
    Images
    Give A-Plan a shout and mention TMS Motorsport for a good deal

Click me to go to A-plan

Tim 'Moff' Nicholas @ TMS Motorsport
    Email us : sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
    TMS Motorsport - HKS TUNING PARTS - BUY ONLINE

- We ship worldwide to your door -

- Currently Breaking for parts - Honda S2000 - Ford Focus ST -

Hi,
    Unfortunately insurance has increased dramatically over the last 18 months I'm afraid. These reasons have been well published in all the press so I won't go over them but fully appreciate these are no where near just inflation.
    Regards,
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information