Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 Second Auto

Skyline Owners Club Registered User B&Q's Avatar
    I was twitching when I saw nigh on 1,000 degrees EXT on my first full throttle blast up the road. Ignorance is bliss....!

Well chuffed with all the wiring... all works like a dream.

IMG_0007.jpg
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    Awesome news mate, another interstellar skyline to make for good watching this year.

Are you officially saying you're done with the engine mods now?

Nowhere I can go from here without changing the con rods, which is way beyond my budget for the foreseeable, so yes I think thats it for the engine mods. I am at the effective limit of my injectors and conrods, although the rest of the engine could take more power and I think the turbo could deliver a bit more than what I am getting out of it.

Plenty of other components to modify tho! I do fancy a proper LSD from a GTR, and I've got a cold air feed 10 years in the making, although whether I am prepared to cut a hole in my Nismo bumper is to be determined... and there's the tranny cooling to consider.... and the high rpm torque convertor. Plenty to keep me occupied LOL.

Looking forward to Pod and then I can start to think about tarting her up again and I definitely want to put some super-wide tyres like yours on my Z wheels for the strip.
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    Great news mate, she's got some potential for manual killer times but we shall have to wait and see what happens in July

I guess there's always bits you can add and I think a high stall TC would aid massively on the qtr. are you going any further with the transmission cooling or is that it now?
    When I get home I'll post up the tyres sizes as I can't remember at the mo ..

Yeah, I plan to install a fan on the tranny cooler controlled by the Greddy e-01 which has a solitary output wire that you can trigger on one of the inputs, so IF trans temp =100 THEN turn on fan kind of thing.

Now the manifold is welded properly she's running well and struggles for traction at all sorts of speeds on boost, so I am hopeful of some decent times, definite 13's but I hope better.

Edit: Oh, and I am contemplating some bonnet mods to improve engine bay cooling but I need to do a lot of thinking before I get the grinder out!!
    Last edited by B&Q; 17th April 2017 at 06:48 PM.
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    255/50/16's mate toyo proxes r888.

They've improved my 60fts I'm pretty certain
    Last edited by Paulzy; 17th April 2017 at 09:00 PM.

If you want some stronger conrods my old RB26 ones are up for sale.

Thanks mate, however its the cost of dropping the engine and stripping down that is as prohibitive as the rods themselves. Got a pair of cams to go in thanks to Paulzy so that'll do me for now.

Dash almost complete, just gotta fit this sucker over the DIN aperture... NDSI connected to the Consult port by a bluetooth adapter. Had to do some soldering to make it compatible with the early ECU (up to '94 apparently) but all works now. The data points aren't as good as some of the Windows apps that do the same thing but hopefully the developer will add some, but just a bit of bling for now and a nice way to fill the gap left by the stereo that I have no need for...

IMG_0037.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    That's gorgeous Tim I'm well impressed, it's really coming together mate.

A true beast of an auto ....

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Sipo's Avatar
    Ooooh shiny things!! That looks good mate, will you be at whichever Jap show/day/fest/finale or whatever the hell it is at pod this year?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

yes mate, the car seems to be running okay now (though still figuring out the boost settings as it seems to change each time!!!) so I want to (finally!) see what she's capable of... definitely a couple visits to Pod are in order.

Can't afford the wrap / bodykit refit and haven't repaired the bumper yet so still looks like a dog, but hopefully a fast dog :-)
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    She's a ripper mate, hats off all day. It's a gotta be in the 12's easy I'd say. You still got that clonking big turbo?

Another day spent on the wiring!!!

IMG_0041.jpg
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    What's the red box mate?

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User
    This car is pretty insane of a build, love seeing it as its giving me some motivation for my GTT auto. Want to keep it auto and see how much power it can run haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information