Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12 Second Auto

Skyline Owners Club Registered User B&Q's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GCC View Post
    This car is pretty insane of a build, love seeing it as its giving me some motivation for my GTT auto. Want to keep it auto and see how much power it can run haha
    Hi mate, glad its giving you some inspiration!

The RE401A gearbox in the R33 isn't the strongest but with a quick shift kit it should see up to 500bhp. I am not sure what box is in the GTT? The 03A box in the Patrol / 300ZX is much tougher, I have one sat waiting to go in when mine gives up but so far so good!
    12 seconds or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulzy View Post
    What's the red box mate?
    That is the PLX sensor box for the gearbox oil temp gauge. You can string a load of gauges together without running new wiring to each one, and it has analog outputs which I've plumbed into my boost controller so I can show AT temps on the boost gauge.
    12 seconds or bust.

Here's the latest project, a supplement and eventual replacement (if we can get it there!) for the standard Transmission Control Module.

Primary aim is to a) overcome the fact that with the quick shift kit in place, the upshift in 1st and 2nd isn't at the limiter as the TCM starts the change early to allow the slushy change to happen. When the change isn't slushy anymore its losing rpm which isn't good, and b) provide a manual shift capability particularly downshifting so it can be driven more like a manual.

Eventually I would like to ditch the standard TCM altogether but it does quite a lot of "thinking" so thats a chunk of programming, and for now its nice to be able to switch back to the TCM.

Next step is to emulate the rpm and kph signal properly as a signal rather than as a voltage... then we can start thinking about how to graft it onto the car electronics.

IMG_0266.jpg
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    That's so impressive mate, I think the hardest well nigh on impossible thing to achieve is soft shifting low down for comfort yet hard shifts when you are on the loud pedal. It's the line pressures that need to be variable.
    If you are concerned with that that is ..

The shift kit pretty much makes the line pressure solenoid redundant... its on high pressure all the time regardless of what the TCM tells it.

Some people cut the brown wire to the box to achieve the same thing. The pressure solenoid is on a duty cycle, and cutting it means 100%. Just don't carry cups of coffee around with you while driving!

So we won't be bothering too much with the pressure solenoid, but if you didn't have a shift kit then you could have hard and soft options by changing the duty cycle on that solenoid. Thats a lot of programming tho.
    12 seconds or bust.

Paulzy might be interested in those mate!
    12 seconds or bust.

Images
    Well seeing as I have fcucking plastercine for an engine I'm guessing I need more beer?

I'm quite gutted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information