Thread: R34 GTT boot lid struts

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User

R34 GTT boot lid struts

Hi all I was looking for a set of boot lid struts for my R34 GTT and come across a nice cheap way of replacing them with brand a brand new set I'm not sure if this is already known on here but I thought I would mention it a set of Peugeot 207 2006 onwards are supposed to be a perfect fit and there only 12.99 delivered I've ordered mine will get them fitted and let you all know if they definitely are a perfect fit hope this might help someone

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User wratcliffe5's Avatar
    Images
    Will defiantly help me bud . Keep us posted ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wratcliffe5 View Post
    Will defiantly help me bud . Keep us posted ;-)
    I should have them on the 8th of march will get them fitted and let you know

Well they fit and work just fine really pleased with them especially for the price

Computer Expert Registered User EFFX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    Well they fit and work just fine really pleased with them especially for the price
    Do they lift the boot properly, because I think mine are just for show
    R34 GTT: 14.2 @ 100.60 mph, Santa Pod July 2017
    R33 GTST: Engine died
    R34 GTT: 14.6 @ 95.17 mph, Santa Pod June 2009, 13.9 @ 98.34 mph, Santa Pod October 2009

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Sipo's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. Mine hold the boot up, but they don't like the GTR spoiler much. Might try these too 👍

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

They won't lift the boot lid when you pull the boot release but you only have to lift it slightly and it will carry on up by itself i had to replace mine as it was a 2 person job I'm going to do a bit more digging to see if there are some more powerfull ones out there so that they lift the boot lid all the way. I will be getting a carbon boot lid at some stage so probably won't need stronger ones to be fair but I'm going to looks anyway lol

Lol good work mate I'll give them a go. With the extra weight of the spoiler mine don't work at all from the boot release (but the cable system is operating fine) so have to do from the key. It's no big deal but would be nice to get the boot pull working like it should

Quote Originally Posted by Sipo View Post
    Lol good work mate I'll give them a go. With the extra weight of the spoiler mine don't work at all from the boot release (but the cable system is operating fine) so have to do from the key. It's no big deal but would be nice to get the boot pull working like it should

Hang fire a little while buddy I've just ordered some more which are double the power will be here next week will get them fitted on the weekend and let you know if they actually lift the boot lid from just pulling the release would be nice if it did

So I fitted the second and more powerfull set of struts and they work perfect pull the tailgate realease and up it goes a little hard to close but only due to the pressure of the struts but I can live with that. The set I ordered are for a Peugeot 307 sw estate 02-08 11.99 free postage not bad seeing as I found a second hand set of R34 GTR struts on eBay for 250 + 12 postage

Fair play gizzy, I'm not 100% sure how you find out which parts cross fit from other cars lol but that's real good info.

Did the first set still "pop" the boot when you pulled the lever? My boot doesn't actually pop open with the lever, that's the main aim my end lol

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User fastfu's Avatar
    Fantastic info

Quote Originally Posted by Sipo View Post
    Fair play gizzy, I'm not 100% sure how you find out which parts cross fit from other cars lol but that's real good info.

Did the first set still "pop" the boot when you pulled the lever? My boot doesn't actually pop open with the lever, that's the main aim my end lol

Yes the first set lifted the lock away from the catch but didn't physically lift the boot all the way up. So u would pull the lever and then go to the boot and be able to lift it without another person pulling the lever lol. Sometimes I'm not even sure how I find some stuff out myself lol I look and look until I find something i mean really all you need to do with the struts is measure the originals and eBay the length and the power you want there's loads on there the power of the first set is 305nm the second set was 600nm but it's a tad to much if I'm honest 500nm would be around perfect in my opinion

Thread Information