Thread: Tcs and Slip

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User

Tcs and Slip

Good morning all, my car arrived from Japan yesterday and it's clear it's not a standard car. At the moment it's running really well but the tcs and slip light are on. However it's had a puncture and the space saver in on, could this be the reason those lights are on, will I need to sort those for it to pass an MOT? As it's first one needs doing to get it registered in the U.K.?
    Nissan Skyline R34 gtt 1998
    Thank you in advance

The importer gave it to you with the space saver on it? That's a bit much innit? Can't answer your TCS / Slip light problems, not sure with GTTs but hopefully someone who has one will be able to tell you.

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User wratcliffe5's Avatar
    Images
    Only time I had both these lights on at same time was when I removed hicas and had unplugged one to many connections. Have a look at rear axle. There is a an electric motor for rear wheel steering. Check the connections around it. Other than that I have read that can be something to do with coil packs and TPS. Good luck

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User wratcliffe5's Avatar
    Images
    Only time I had both these lights on at same time was when I removed hicas and had unplugged one to many connections. Have a look at rear axle. There is a an electric motor for rear wheel steering. Check the connections around it. Other than that I have read that can be something to do with coil packs and TPS. Good luck

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Sipo's Avatar
    Pretty sure it's not an MOT failure as you are able to over ride stability programs anyway. As said though, surely they aren't giving the car to you on a space saver?! Have they fitted a rear fog light for its MOT?

I'm pretty sure when both lights are on its to show there's a fault somewhere. When you say it's not a standard car...how non standard do you mean? Some after market ECU's will bring those lights on permanently too

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Skyline Addict Club Member skyline alan's Avatar
    tcs/slip light is a coilpack on the way out or one or more has a lose connection
    Tsunami R32 http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/f...ad.php?t=38641 ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKENEY CHICKEN

Thanks guys! Mot is getting done today coil pack for TCS light? Wierd!
    I knew the car had the space saver on and I have the other alloy so I'm chilled, I bought it direct form the auction as is so I was aware

turns out it was just the space saver that piut the tcs light on so its all good, just need dvla to send the reg doc back

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Richf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottonjackd View Post
    turns out it was just the space saver that piut the tcs light on so its all good, just need dvla to send the reg doc back
    yes it would cause that due to the rolling radius being different, one wheel will rotate faster so the car assumes there is wheel spin

Thread Information