Thread: Greetings from a new Skyline owner :)

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User

Greetings from a new Skyline owner :)

Hi folks,

So I realised a dream I had as a youngster of owning a Skyline, and picked up a lovely and clean 97' R33 Gtst last month.

Car is basically stock, with a japspeed catback, aftermarket panel filter, 18" wheels (as yet im not sure on make) and a turbo timer. It was the first one I went to see - but absolutely faultless so couldn't resist.

Previously owned an S14a, that whilst fun was a bit of a rot box - caked in underseal when I bought it that when I took off nearly pulled the rear subframe with it. Onwards and Upwards as they say!

Anyway i'll be looking to do some very mild tuning for now, have an r34 gtt intercooler on the way to support a light stage 1 setup for now I think - don't want to start cutting up anything as its too new and shiny, but i'll certainly be needing some seasoned vet advice as I go.

Cheers!

Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DoktorSanchez; 22nd August 2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added a couple of pics

Welcome to the club! Lovely looking skyline you've got. If it's as clean as you say then you've got yourself a great example What are your power goals?

Cheers! Yup, i'm really chuffed so far - only issue I have to push it in and out of garage cos its so tight.. ha ha. I'll try and get some more pics up in the next day or two. First thing I need to look at getting it undersealed ideally before winter kicks in too.

Regards upgrades, I just bought an intercooler from Moff - he took it off an R33 but its a larger stock R34 one, so lucked out there! Then i'm looking at;

-Large bore turbo elbow/downpipe/decat - not sure what the best option here is, theres a lot of ebay 'specials' but if anyone has any good recommendations that would be good to know.
    -Adjustable actuator/boost controller - again not decided yet but don't want to go crazy with costs.
    -Possibly fuel pump, again maybe not needed im not sure.
    -Leave the panel filter

-The tricky bit after reading a few threads here - ECU and remap. Was considering Bells, but think maybe a nistune board and map @ h-dev.

Guess i'm after 300HP approx... for now.

Images
    Hi, welcome to the SOC, as cam says lovely looking motor mate, looks mint
    The bells map is only a one time map, once it's been done you can't remap it so best off with a nistune or power fc and go and see jez at horsham, my car is there at the moment.

Keep us posted on the mods mate and 300hp?? Lol yea, give it a couple of months it'll be 400hp, mate it never ends.

Welcome once again

Ha ha yeah this is what i'm worried about.. I cant ever find a cheap hobby!

Horsham seem to have the nistune board at a pretty good price too - don't think I can stretch to the power fc money wise - they seem pretty hard to come by too - the GTR boards aren't compatible are they?

Got the car from a chap in Eastbourne - he certainly looked after it well - by far the tidiest car i've owned, was so happy when I went to see it. Will get some more detailed pics up this weekend.

Images
    Yea FC'S are becoming old hat a bit now and nistune is a bit newer, nistune would probably be better, obviously a link is the daddy but a bit overkill for 300hp.

I think you need to cut some wiring or muck about with wiring so not a simple plug n play with the gtr FC, I'd go nistune if it came to the pair.

Yes it looks well looked after mate, what's the bay look like?

You in Camberley? I'm only down the road in Eversley if so, my Skyline is currently at Horsham getting mapped but should be back at the end of the week. Personally I don't trust Bells Autos but that's just me. Nistune is a good option, PFC you can buy direct from Japan but a Nistune will be easier to get hold of, although both are widely mapped.

Awesome- Cheers guys, think i'll plan for the Nistune route. No i'm near Cambridge - got some family round Guildford way though - may have to pop in next time i'm down. Perhaps I should be aiming for a little more than 300 with the mods i'm after in that case, think a mate has a walbro 255 kicking about that I might be able to use too.

Engine bay is again really clean, i'll get some more pics up as soon as I can - car just needs the underside protecting as I mentioned, it was kind of good it hadnt been done as i've been caught out by hidden rot before..

What work have you had done to yours recently for the remap? And what ECUs do you chaps run?

Images
    You've posted 6 times and already you are saying maybe a little more than 300hp lol the need for power attacks in a cold bloodied manner mate, especially when you find out how simple it is to extract power from these baby's.

I'm just about to have an emanage ultimate fitted this week all going well, it's not an ecu but probably one of the most advanced piggy backs you can get and a great option for the auto (which mine is) as generally aftermarket ecu's cannot facilitate the ignition cut on the upshift which is necessary on an auto but the Emanage can as well as other stuff.

As for Cerro's? Where do we start!?!? Click the link in his signature and have a read

Going to update my thread tomorrow, as I've not got it fully up to date - loads done recently! Link G4+ for me (was using an AEM Fuel Ignition Controller before that) - endless amounts of work done.

Back on the skyline wagon again Area Rep Sukairain's Avatar
    Images
    Welcome chap to the SOC nice looking R33 you have
    スカイラインへの情熱

passion for skylines

Thread Information