Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 events

Images

2018 events

Ok pop tarts, what events are we going to do next year?

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User fastfu's Avatar
    I'm up for pretty much anything.

Skyline Addict Club Member skyline alan's Avatar
    not sure there is any point with the way the club had less the 10 skylines at the shows the club did this year. how many cars did the club have at combe this year 5 was it when in the past there was over 20 skyline's at combe.
    Tsunami R32 http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/f...ad.php?t=38641 ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKENEY CHICKEN

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User GTR-John's Avatar
    Images
    I would love to attend an event with the club but the fact that they're all in the south of England makes the cost prohibitive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyline alan View Post
    not sure there is any point with the way the club had less the 10 skylines at the shows the club did this year. how many cars did the club have at combe this year 5 was it when in the past there was over 20 skyline's at combe.
    This club does feel like its just being left to run down lately, I've contacted admin about me helping to promote the club as i help run a couple of local clubs but no replies.

Fastfu i stopped doing things with the club when i was told on the facebook page i had to tell people which traders to buy parts from even if i don't use the tarders on the club. my mrs was a area rep on here for years & got no help in the last few years.
    Tsunami R32 http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/f...ad.php?t=38641 ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKENEY CHICKEN

It's a real shame the admin have let this happen, This forum was really good with a friendly atmosphere (far better than the other one).

If the admin have lost interest why don't they hand it over to people who want to carry it on...........ego i suppose ??

yeah was a good club i remember when we used to get 30 cars to a lot of shows & had the bbq & a lot of fun now all that has gone a few members have been pushed out of the club due to ego's

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User
    Images
    i'm up for events, work allowing though

Images
    I think drag and a few statics

Back on the skyline wagon again Area Rep Sukairain's Avatar
    Images
    Will have to see due to other commitments
    スカイラインへの情熱

passion for skylines

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Mudflap's Avatar
    Don't lose heart guys. I'll try to get to more events if organised.

I think some forum members on here started to attend GTROC stands but their forum has been going through a bad patch and I'm sure the SOC can revive some lost interest.

I organised quite a few events last year but it's getting difficult to do now as Mark has more or less moved on. I don't mind taking payments via Paypal or paying for events upfront but generating interest is a bit of a chore. I suppose the other side of it is that the static events are pretty much the same every year. We should do more track / drag / drift days as they are more entertaining, throw in a few static events for shows and BBQs but without any site admin it's nigh on impossible to organise.

Images
    We've always got alternative means of communication (dare I say it, Facebook) the forum is the vehicle for the club, I guess this is just how things have evolved and are evolving, we are by no means the only club to experience it so we'll just have to role with it, the forum is slowing down but the club in my eyes remains. I agree with you cam generating interest for events can be hard and organising again a pain in the kok at times. I think we should try to keep things going events and meets wise no matter what whether it on here or on Facebook or where ever as there's still a very good active bunch of enthusiasts willing to get together.

Images
    And I still have to race you at the pod yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information