Thread: what happened to soc?

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User skyline alan's Avatar

what happened to soc?

Its very sad to see soc dying a slow death. i remember the days when the club had 30+ cars at show's & some good meets. feel when the club was took over by mark & jez things was good for the first year then it feels like they both have walked out on the club. new members not getting there welcome packs & walking away old members pushed out of the club for supporting traders that are not on the club & being told to support the club traders even if you wont use club traders.
    R.I.P soc
    Tsunami R32 http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/f...ad.php?t=38641 ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKENEY CHICKEN

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User GTR-John's Avatar
    Images
    I for one hope not, Alan. I only joined last year and never got my welcome pack, but felt that the wealth of knowledge available and the friendly attitude of people like yourself, Paulzy and Cerro as well as others made it a worthwhile place to be. I would like to go to shows to meet some of you guys, but the distance I live from the south makes the expense and time prohibitive for me. Still hope to make one someday though.

Images
    What colour is the sky on your planet Alan?

The club forum see's less action nowadays due to the advent of social media and online car club forums as a whole have suffered because of this, everyone is guilty of it, its just the way things go due to technology. If you look on the facebook skyline owners club page there is activity there aswell, admitantly reduced activity here also. I personally dont think its a fair shout to say the club is dying, the on line forum may have seen better days agreed but everybody is still around, its just that the medium in which we use to comunicate has changed and will continue to change. The on line forum was only ever a vehicle for the traffic, now its facebook taking the lions share of things.

I'm still around and i know a lot of others are also.

Put that in your bacon sandwich!!

Thread Information