Thread: Can't pedal my v34

Skyline Owners Club Registered User Beejay's Avatar
    Images

Can't pedal my v34

Hello interested persons.

I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on my Skyline 350GT problem:
    When happily driving along, the engine seemed to suddenly die, but it didn't completely cut out, just went on to tickover only. The throttle pedal being depressed did very little. I soon realised it has an electronic throttle and something had gone down. After managing to get the car to the pub car park 500 yards away on tickover only, I went in and phoned the RAC. Several pints later, they answered and I managed to persuade them to attend sooner than 2 hours. The RAC technician went through several tests, then tried to communicate with the car through the OBD socket. After telling him to try Nissan 350z, he got 4 codes all pointing to the throttle pedal sensor, relay or actuator. He pulled a few pipes which raised the revs to about 2000 and he followed me home, which was about 4 miles.
    I tested the Pedal Sensor resistance, which seemed fine, but I ordered on from China as it was only 10 and I ordered a used Throttle actuator from the USA. I fitted the actuator with the original pedal sensor and ....no difference. So I fitted the new sensor as well, and still no difference.
    I know the relay is working, so can anyone tell me what I'm missing please?

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User Richf's Avatar
    Have you tried the "pedal dance" / I know the 350z can throw weird issues until fully cleared and new pedals need to be "calibrated"

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-...-valve-resets/

Skyline Owners Club Registered User Beejay's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richf View Post
    Have you tried the "pedal dance" / I know the 350z can throw weird issues until fully cleared and new pedals need to be "calibrated"

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-...-valve-resets/
    Hi Rich.
    Yes I have tried the "Pedal Dance" several times, but the CEL didn't ever blink. I've printed those instructions off so that I can check them against those I've already tried and I'll give it another go, if different.

Cheers.

Skyline Enthusiast Registered User skyline alan's Avatar
    may pay to ask on the v35/v36 page on facebook
    Tsunami R32 http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/f...ad.php?t=38641 ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKENEY CHICKEN

Thread Information